7/05/2014

Week with Kristen

I got to start June off by spending a few days with Kristen, a former roommate I had in Florida. Kristen lives in California and I loved spending some time with her. A day before I flew out I got either food posoining or the 24  hour stomach bug, either way, I was throwing up. Luckily by the time I had my flight I wasn’t rushing to the bathroom and was feeling a lot better, although still not 100 percent. Kristen and her little sister came to pick me up at the airport and when I got to their house her mom had a little basket full of Disney goodies on the bed because she had wanted me to feel as if I was staying at a Disney resort. Kristen and I then spent the night just chatting. On Wednesday, my first full day there, Kristen and I went to the post office so Kristen could get a passport. We waited for 45 minutes for the passport area to open but we had all the post office people cracking up at our conversations. We then went to the beach! It was a nice little secluded beach and Kristens boyfriend Daniel then met up with us. (side note: Daniel looks like Andrew Garfield, I’m just saying it was weird.) After the beach we went to Kristens so we could get out of our suits, I showered and then we headed off to their mall. This mall is HUGE! Like it had a ferris wheel and everything. The three of us went and ate at this place called Tender Greens, I still couldn’t stomach the idea of lots of food so I just got some soup and it was soo yummy! I wish we had a Tender Greens in Utah! We then went to the movie Maleficent, which was good but I had some problems with it. It went too far off Sleeping Beauty for my liking. The three of us were having a lot of fun though and joking around a lot. Daniel even learned Utah isn’t all dirt roads, so I would say it was successful! We then went to Kristens to eat dinner and celebrate Kristens sisters birthday. 
Thursday Kristen and I went to Disneyland!! It’s so nice to spend some time in Disney again with someone who views and appreciates Disney the same way I do. We were at the park from park opening to about 11 at night, we were EXHAUSTED. We were on a roll though, we rode some rides then Kristen insisted I watch the Tangled show, which I loved! After the show we met Punzie and yes…even Flynn Rider himself. Totally a good day! We then hit up the Royal hall and saw Cinderella, Ariel (who was too cute!) and Tiana. As we left we were heading towards Fanland for the Map show but saw Snow White, then the Queen, then Burt, then Hook. One after another, it was insane. We turned from meeting one character to another one walking up. We took selfies with them all and then finally headed to the Map Show, which once again was too cute. I have no idea why I hadn’t seen them before. And wish Kennadi and Easton could have watched them. It was then time to go watch the Beauty and the Beast show and then by then we decided we better go get some food. We rode Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Jungle Cruise several times, as all the other rides a good amount. We kept getting fast passes for Indiana Jones but always got occupied doing something else to actually use them, oops. We were on our way to use like our third fast pass for that ride when we saw the group for Fantasmic getting large so we decided to bag that ride once more and went to get a spot. I saved some spots while Kristen ran and got her some ice cream and me a pickle. We then sat and chatted for about an hour then Fantasmic started, the firework show starting right after. One of my favorite things about Disney is the shows they put on, the magic is real through that man! After the fireworks we dodged and got on Pirates one last time and then headed home. Friday, the next morning, we got up bright and early to be there at opening again. Before when we had checked the times said the park opened  at eight but when we got there (at 7:30) it didn’t say it opened until nine. Once we were finally allowed in the gates we rushed and got in line for Elsa and Anna (priorities) and they led us in a single file line back to Fantasyland to get us lined up by the time the park opened officially. Even going straight there we got in the line at the hour point, but lucky for us we were only in line for half hour, which is killer for Anna and Elsa. The line went by really fast too because we chatted the whole time with an adorable five year old next to us in line. We then went and watched the Tangled show again (I seriously love it) and let me just say….this Flynn was on point. And he was dreamy! Okay so we have a slight obsession with Flynn Rider, so what? We obviously had to wait and get a picture again and him and Rapunzel were so fun! They had a smolder contest and taught us how to do it. During the show we had sat next to one of the guys who puts on the shows family, so Kristen being completely star struck went and met him (and the other guy, Mr. Smyth and Mr. Jones) while I waited for Flynn and Rapunzel.  As we left the line for the princesses was only five minutes so we went and saw them again, Tiana, Ariel and Aurora were in there this time. More selfies were taken. We then spent the remainder of the day riding rides. We had to go on Jungle Cruise several times because there was a total babe who worked there and we always missed his boat barely! But one time he was the one loading people onto the boats, so I made Kristen go in the long line so he would be the one to help us. He stopped us at the front of the line and started talking to me, the usual small talk. But it didn’t last long because he then got sent on his break, I WAS SO MAD! And Kristen couldn’t stop laughing! We also decided to wait in the Peter Pan line and had just gotten on, we were flying through London when our boat jerked to a stop and the lights came on! IT WAS SO COOL! The ride had to be shut down and we waited for a little bit before riding out the rest of the ride (slowly) all in the light. We weren’t even mad it broke down on us, it was so cool to see it in the light!
 At one point Kristen wanted to get a picture with just Flynn so we were waiting outside the theater the show is at because during the Beauty and the Beast show Flynn and Rapunzel meet outside. One of the workers saw us waiting and came to talk to us, she was wonderful! After a long chat just about life she went and got us these little plastic glass slippers and told us to remember that no matter what to follow our dreams. It’s people like her that are the reason Disney is the way it is! Then one of the guys in the play, Mr. Jones, plays Gaston during the show and at one point comes from the back of the theater, meaning he walks through the courtyard where Kristen and I were. When he saw us sitting there he came to chat to us, remembering Kristen from earlier that day. He was like “hey, lets take a picture” and then invited us to see his band perform in Tomorrowland. He was so funny, but Kristen and I were so worried he was going to miss his cue. No worries he didn’t. We then got in line for Rapunzel and Flynn and once again chatted with all the little kids around us. After seeing Flynn and Rapunzel again we went to Tomorrowland Terrace to see our new found friend perform. Kristen and I started off by sitting at a table but about one song in we were dancing on the dance floor. A little girl started dancing with us and making other people dance with us and it was an absolute blast! Finally after a full day of character meeting and attraction riding, as well as dancing, we decided it was time to go. We stopped at Downtown Disney first naturally, and then made our way back to her house. 
The whole time at Disney (and I guess the whole week) we kept saying everything as "this isnt amateur hour" but it never failed, each night something happened that was "amateur" as we referred to is as. We were laughing so hard each time. Ever since I cant stop saying that, as well as "Huzzah" and "fi!" something picked up from the Tangled and Beauty and the Beast show! :) 
Saturday was my last full day and we started it off by watching Tangled. Side note, Kristen and I always have movie dates where we start a movie at the same time, and it’s usually Tangled. It was nice to be able to actually watch the movie in the same room. Kristen and her sister then convinced me to watch the first Harry Potter. We then ate some dinner and went to Robin (Kristens little sisters) concert choir performance. I actually really enjoyed myself, and before the performance Kristen, her mom and I were getting a kick and just chatting for about two hours-the concert started almost an hour late. We tried to embarrass Robin during her performance but she was really good at ignoring us. Sunday finally came around and we woke up bright and early in order for me to catch my flight, it was quite sad. I had such a fantastic time with Kristen and her family that I was so sad to see it come to an end! 

Beach living. Still dont know why Daniel wore jeans...

Experiencing the backside of water!

We love the wanted thief


"Shellfie"

She was AMAZING

The Tikki Room makes me sad now-a-days

Winnie the Pooh or????




Trapped on Peter Pan





Fun at Disneyland is over! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment