3/19/2015

I'm Going to Disney!

My favorite thing in this whole world is actually a rather large thing. It's a company. The Walt Disney Company.
My favorite place in this whole world is a theme park. The Magic Kingdom in Orlando Florida to be specific. Although, any Disney park is almost tied to the MK.
The best experience i've ever had was Spring 2013 when I moved to Florida to work for Disney for a semester. And guess what?
I'M GOING BACK!!!
Not to go play at the park. To work. To be a cast member again!
At the beginning of February a post was put up in a Disney Alumni page i'm a part of saying for the first time WDW was going to do an Alumni CP for the summer, and applications would go live a couple days later. My life instantly took a spin. What do I do? Do I apply? Do I go back? I'm very fortunate to have a job at the university that doesn't require me to be there for the summer and still have my job in the fall. So what do I do? It would be a whole new experience. A new location. New apartment. New roommates. And summer. Summer as in crazy busy and crazy hot.
But my love for Disney took over and before I knew what was happening, I had applied.
I went through the typical process, seeing so many other alumni's were applying and knowing I was up for some hard competition. I only told a couple of people I had even applied because I didn't think I would get accepted. I had my phone interview February 21st and they said I would find out around March 30th. February 27 I got my acceptance email! I couldn't believe it. I kept re-reading it to see if it was even real.
I will be doing merch again. I get a name tag again. I get to create the magic again. And most importantly, I get to spend my summer in my favorite place on earth.
Summer can't get here fast enough!!


No comments:

Post a Comment